Monday 31 August 2015

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 243 & Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge

One of the ladies,Tracy, in our IG Crafty Crew suggested incorporating 'Matisse' in our next card. Tracy has published a blog post on Henri Matisse and her own Matisse card creation. You may want to read it here. I had absolutely no idea who Matisse was. Sandy was very kind to look up some of his works and showed us samples. I gained a little knowledge on his style BUT I still didn't know what to create.

I tried making one card but I felt it was not Matisse enough. Late last night, I had a sudden inspiration to create my Matisse card! This is the end result of my Matisse wannabe. I made this card with Tracy in mind. I remember she mentioned that she loved Halloween. For whatever reason, I'm really not sure but theta really left an impression because it was the first time I saw such enthusiasm in someone about Halloween. :D 


Of course, a Halloween card must be a little EXTRA-ordinary and SUPER-natural. So I added special effects. When I switch off the lights, I can still see my Matisse wannabe card! Haha! It's kind of cool for a sudden inspiration. It was a pretty fun card to make within the hour. 


I've deciderd to enter this creepy card in the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge and also the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge number 243. Here's the sketch for the MFT Challenge. 

Products I used to create my ghostly Matisse wannabe card:
My Favorite Things Die-namics Spooky Scene
My Favorite Things Die-namics Stitched Rounded Rectangle STAX
Avery Elle Elle-ments Wonky Stitches
WOW Embossing Power Glow-in-the-Dark

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun! This is super cute! Thanks so much for joining us for Anything Goes week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! Love that it glows in the dark! I'm so glad you played along at MFT!

    ReplyDelete