Sunday 25 October 2015

Snowy Christmas Card for A Little Girl

All right! I've been on a Christmas card making frenzy. This particular one has been made by request for a little girl in India. Hope she likes it when she gets it.

First, I picked one of the most adorable stamps in my (HUGE. I've really tried controlling the size of the collection.) collection. I've learned to use 'collection' instead of 'stash'. Stamps are collectibles too! There are also limited editions if you think about it, just like leather handbags! *wink* I decided on one of Stamping Bella's stamps. They have quite a collection of adorable ones. This particular one is called 'Valarie with Snowman'. Isn't it lovely?

First, I stamped the image using Momento Tuxedo Black ink. I use this ink pad usually, even when I do not use Copic markers for colouring. It stamps all right and most importantly, it doesn't stain the stamps so badly if it stains. I decided to use Copic markers for this particular image as I have not used them for a mighty long time. I think I have lost touch with the process having not touched the markers for some time. Here it is.


After colouring the image, I die cut it using a stitched die. I usually leave the image alone for a day or so after I have coloured it to let my mind wander and decide what to do with it. I pieced this card together the next day. I decided to make a multi-fold bow on my own, so I checked out a couple of video tutorials on how to get that done. In the end, I did it my own way. It took quite a bit of time but I'm glad everything turns out great. It looks like a little present with the ribbon and the bow! I'm pretty happy with the end product.  Hope the recipient will too!


I'm entering this card in Simon Says: Wrap It Up Wednesday Challenge. :)

Products I have used to create this Christmas card:
Stamping Bella Stamp Valarie with Snowman
Lawn Fawn Dies Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables
Tsukineko Momento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
Copic Sketch Markers
Gold Ribbons
Heart Brad

1 comment:

  1. This is so super sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete