Monday 9 November 2015

Let It Snow! with Liquid Appliqué

Hi! I have the Liquid Appliqué for about a month now. Today, at last, I decided to use it. It was all because I thought the card seemed to have too much empty space at the bottom.

I started by colouring this image from My Favorites Things. Isn't she adorable? There was a little accident when I was coloring it when a glob of ink suddenly flowed out of my Copic marker. I managed to salvage the image. Thank God! 


Then I die cut all the different bits and pieces, coloured the background and pieced everything together. 


Here's a closer look at the faux snow. It's rather cool. It was pretty fun to watch it rise when I used the heating tool on it. It didn't take too long and I didn't want the snow to get burnt, so once it was raised, I put the heating tool aside. 


Here is the list of what I used in making this snowy card:
My Favorite Things Stamps Warnest Wishes
Penny Black Creative Dies Joyous Wishes
Avery Elle Elle-ments Wonky Stitches Die
Avery Elle Elle-ments Finished Frames Die
DCWV Cardstock Stack Brights
Copic Sketch Markers
Daler Rowney Watercolour Pocket Set
Zig Wink of Stella White
Marvy Uchida Liquid Appliqué
Queen & Co. Candy Shoppe Bubbles
Prima Marketing Inc Say It in Crystals Free Spirit

I'm entering this card in the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge 253. Below is the sketch.



No comments:

Post a Comment